Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween & Vine Set-up Night







In all of the chaos of setting up for my first show ever, Hubby & I managed to snap a handful of pics. These were taken the evening before the show. Unfortunately we had no time to snap other artists displays.(note to myself: get there earlier next year)

When we arrived, most artists had completed there displays and were chatting and exploring eachothers artwork. While walking in, and glancing around the room at all the amazing artworks, I thought 'I don't belong here', and told my husband "I'm WAY out of my league". I really thought that someone had made a huge mistake letting me into this show and I was embarrassed and felt my artistic offerings were very small in comparasin to everyone elses. But we were there and I had no choice but to continue on...picture the cowardly lion meeting the Great OZ.

Soon after we finished our display, a fantastic home-cooked meal was served right there, along with an astounding array of very good wines. I had a half glass of Chardinay, and started to relax a bit.

William Bezek stopped by, introduced himself and we had a wonderful art chat. He made me feel so comfortable, and looking back now I had the biggest connection with him...we just clicked. He is a big sweetheart and super artist. He also created a sublime CD compilation of vintage Halloween tunes for all the participating artists. Thanks Will, ours will be played every Halloween in our house!

Greg Guedel, another great artist, super nice guy and designer for Bethany Lowe, visited with us several times and even bought one of my pieces. Thanks Greg!

There were also people wandering around who are in the industry, but not participating in the show. A full-time designer for Bethany Lowe Designs, along with two of his artist friends(sorry, forgot their names) stopped by and admired my art and encouraged me to apply to the company. I could hardly believe it.

A little later I met Jen O'Conner who owns Earth Angels Toys who flew in from the east coast to attend the show. Her photographer snapped tons of pictures of my table and she even posted one of them in her blog. Thanks Jen!

Also a special shout out to Christy Silacci and Kimberlee Edgar and her sweetheart mom of Edgar & Edgar Antiques for being such great art show neighbors!

I was truly amazed at how nice and down-to-earth all of the artists were, and just want to say to them all thanks for being so welcoming to my husband and I. You made our experience a great one!

3 comments:

  1. Arbutus,

    I am SO glad Halloween & Vine was an enjoyable experience for you! I would have loved to be there to experience your lovely work in person! Thanks for the add too!

    Best,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're work is very beautiful and I heard many wonderful comments on your lamp and other fine items. Wishing you all the best for the coming year!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful display with beautiful art! One of these years I'd like to make the trip to visit the show; maybe I'll see some of my EHAG friends, too!

    Becky Federico

    ReplyDelete